When Marvel Comics revealed the Fantastic Four would make their long-awaited return to its monthly publishing slate, it also meant Reed Richards and Sue Storm’s children, Franklin and Valeria, would be joining them in the family’s adventures.
Though the kids can be considered superheroes, Franklin and Valeria have always lacked alternate monikers like Reed (Mr. Fantastic), Sue (Invisible Woman), Johnny Storm (Human Torch) and Ben Grimm (Thing). However, according to Marvel’s September 2018 solicitations, that’s all about to change as Fantastic Four #2 will introduce codenames for the Richards children.
RELATED: Some X-Men Consider Claiming And Unused (But Popular) Superhero Team Name
When the kids made their surprise appearance in last year’s Marvel Legacy #1, they mentioned how the family was still off exploring and populating Marvel’s multiverse. This should all lead into their new series in August, but September’s Fantastic Four #2 promises to answer some lingering questions. For example, what were Reed, Sue and the kids up to while they were gone, what new friends (and enemies) did they make, and most importantly, the reveal of Valeria and Franklin’s new codenames.
Check out the covers and solicitation text for Fantastic Four #2, arriving in September from Marvel Comics.
FANTASTIC FOUR #2
- DAN SLOTT (W) • SARA PICHELLI (A)
- Cover by ESAD RIBIC
- VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
- CONNECTING WRAPAROUND VARIANT COVER BY ARTHUR ADAMS (2 OF 2)
- COSMIC GHOST RIDER VS VARIANT COVER BY TOM RANEY
- WISH YOU WERE HERE!
- What have Reed, Sue and the kids been up to all this time? What adventures have they been on? What strange new friends have they found along the way? What deadly new enemies have they made? And what are Franklin and Valeria’s new codenames? All these questions will be answered… just in time for ENTIRE UNIVERSES TO DIE!
- The return of Marvel’s First Family keeps getting more and more intense! Don’t you dare miss a single moment of the World’s Greatest Comic Magazine!
- 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
KEEP READING: EXCLUSIVE: Marvel 2-In-One Visits a World Where Civil War Went Very Wrong