With Marvel Comics revealing more information on the Spider-Man-centric event, Spider-Geddon, a look back at the publisher’s September 2018 solicitations reveals two new heroes will enter the fray: Peter Parker’s Uncle Ben, and Spider-Man nemesis, Norman Osborn.
Most fans know it was Uncle Ben’s death at the hands of a mugger that drove Peter to become Spider-Man, with Uncle Ben’s motto of, “With great power, comes great responsibility.” However, Edge of Spider-Geddon #3 adds a unique twist to the story when Peter successfully saves Uncle Ben’s life with a blood donation, turning him into a Spider-Hero.
RELATED: Marvel Reveals Spider-Geddon Creative Team, Teases Multiple Deaths
Norman Osborn may rank at the top of Spider-Man’s rogues gallery. Norman, working under the guise of the Red Goblin, recently squared off against Peter in the finale of writer Dan Slott’s run on Amazing Spider-Man, culminating in the milestone 800th issue. September’s Edge of Spider-Geddon #4 will introduce a world where Norman is bitten by the radioactive spider, and is influenced by Peter (who works at Oscorp) to do good in the world as the heroic Spider-Man. However, everything Norman has built will be threatened when his son, Harry, begins dressing up as a character that sounds a lot like the Green Goblin.
Spider-Geddon will be a direct follow-up to the events of 2014’s Spider-Verse, which assembled Spider-Characters from across multiple realities to fight the Inheritors, creatures that feed on Totems, which are hybrid beings that connect both the animal and human kingdoms.
The covers to Edge of Spider-Geddon #3-4 can be found below, along with each issue’s solicitation text.
RELATED: PS4’s Spider-Man to Make Canonical Debut in Marvel’s Spidergeddon #0
EDGE OF SPIDERGEDDON #3 & #4 (of 4)
- Issue #3 – JASON LATOUR (W) • TONCI ZONJIC (A/C)
- Issue #3 – Variant Cover by CULLY HAMNER
- Issue #4 – AARON KUDER (W) • AARON KUDER (A/C)
- Issue #4 – Variant Cover by CULLY HAMNER
- ISSUE #3 –
- Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider, and it causes his Uncle Ben no end of troubles.
- Until, that is, Ben gets shot in a mugging and Peter’s blood donation turns Ben into a Spider-Hero, too!
- There’s a new dynamic duo in town, and the story doesn’t go where you think it will!
- ISSUE #4 –
- Science-Industrialist Norman Osborn’s life changed when a radioactive spider bit him.
- With young scientist Peter Parker working for his company, Norman became a very different Spider-Man and changed the world.
- Now, however, Norman’s son Harry is seen wearing a green armor suit and threatening everything Norman has built!
- 32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)