Before The Bat and The Cat tie the knot this summer, the Joker will interrupt their wedding plans when he kidnaps the Dark Knight in Batman #48 on June 6.
The two-part “The Best Man” story will be written by Tom King and illustratd by Mikel Janin, and sees Batman and Catwoman decide to forego a big wedding in favor of eloping, which is when the Joker gets involved, according to Nerdist. The story arc will run through Batman #48-49 and lead up to the big wedding in Issue #50.
RELATED: Tony Daniel’s Batman/Booster Gold Art Teases a Grim Death for Hal Jordan
Five additional one-shots titled Batman: Prelude to the Wedding will also be published in May and June ahead of the nuptials. Tim Seeley will pen each issue, with a different artist joining to chronicle the adventures of Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood and Harley Quinn. Each cover for “Prelude to the Wedding” will come with an interlocking cover by Rafael Albuquerque.
The covers to Batman #48, Batman: Prelude to the Wedding — Robin Vs. Ra’s al Ghul #1 and Batman: Prelude to the Wedding — Nightwing Vs. Hush #1 can be found below, along with the solicit text for the entire “Prelude to the Wedding.”
BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — ROBIN VS. RA’S AL GHUL #1
- Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by BRAD WALKER and DREW HENNESSY • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
- Ra’s al Ghul returns to have a heart-to-heart with his grandson, Damian. Once upon a time, Ra’s thought Bruce Wayne would be the heir apparent to his criminal empire, but now that Batman has turned his back on Talia for good, Ra’s wants to know if Damian Wayne will honor his mother by stepping into the family business at last.
- One-shot • On sale May 30.
BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — NIGHTWING VS. HUSH #1
- Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by TRAVIS MOORE • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
- Dick Grayson has a lot of responsibility. Being the original partner to Batman, he’s the natural choice to be Bruce Wayne’s best man. So if anyone has to get to the wedding, it’s going to be him. Too bad Hush has other plans—and maybe Bruce Wayne does, too!
- One-shot • On sale June 6.
BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — BATGIRL VS. THE RIDDLER #1
- Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by MINKYU JUNG • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
- On the eve of Batman’s wedding to Catwoman, two of Gotham City’s finest minds clash. In her role as Oracle, Barbara Gordon wired all of her allies together. But when The Riddler takes on Batgirl, will he tear everything asunder?
- One-shot • On sale June 13.
BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — RED HOOD VS. ANARKY #1
- Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by JAVIER FERNANDEZ • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
- Red Hood has always been the one standing slightly apart from the rest of the Bat crew. Some see him as the Robin gone bad—which is exactly the kind of thing someone like Anarky can exploit. Now Red Hood is running security at Catwoman’s bachelorette party—and if Anarky can crash it, that could be the final straw for Jason Todd!
- One-shot • On sale June 20.
BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — HARLEY QUINN VS. THE JOKER #1
- Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by SAMI BASRI • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
- Harley Quinn knows a thing or two about dysfunctional relationships. When she hears that her old flame is trying to get in the way of a happy new life for one of her best friends, the Maid of Mischief tracks The Joker down to give him a piece of her mind—and maybe a few blows from her hammer, too.
- One-shot • On sale June 27.